AMS (LA-ICPMS Data Reduction Software)
AMS is a freely available software package for LA-ICPMS analysis of a wide variety of geologic materials. It is written in Java.
A special thanks goes out to Marcel Guillong of ETH. His ongoing support has made this a MUCH better package.
Screenshots & Sample Excel Output
|Define Regions||Options Tab||Drift Correction|
|Fractionation Plots||Excel Output|
Flash MoviesAMS Analysis of a Melt Inclusion
- AMS is very easy to use
- AMS is available free of charge
- AMS runs on Windows, Mac or Unix (X11) platforms because it is written in Java
- AMS supports multiple data file formats (additional formats will be added upon request)
- AMS allows for Excel, PDF, HTML, CSV, RTF output
- AMS allows complete analyses (from multiple input files) to be saved to a single file (that can be exchanged with other AMS users)
- AMS has a sophisticated method (using the timestamp of the input files) of correcting for instrumental drift
- AMS supports multiple methods of determining concentrations (normalization, microthermometry, internal standard, Raman of the water peak)
- AMS can be extended/configured by editing simple XML files (e.g. new standards, new normalizations (sulphides, carbonates))
- AMS displays fractionation plots for each element so that the magnitude of fractionation can be determined
- AMS is for LA-ICPMS analyses all materials (NOT JUST INCLUSIONS!)
Download & Installation
- Download and install the Java JRE 5 for your platform (Windows, Mac, Unix).
- Click the button below and unzip the file onto your computer.
- Launch AMS.exe (Windows) or AMS.sh (UNIX). Mac users can simply double click AMS.jar.